The Training team is seeking to create a needs analysis document to help determine the most high-impact resources to provide on Learn WordPress. The Learning Needs Analysis project outlines foundational work required to assess the community’s learning needs and includes the Individual Learner Survey that launched in September 2022 which will guide us in our data analysis.
Please see the post Project Overview: Learning Needs Analysis for a more in-depth background and overview. This project thread seeks to outline the tasks we aim to complete to accomplish the project’s objectives.
Note that this is a foundational project. While we won’t be able to capture all the data, there is a possibility to iterate upon and run this project again in the future.
Project Members: Call for Volunteers
Project lead: @west7
This project is in need of more project members. Please comment on this post if you are interested in helping out!
Start: January 2023
End: April 2023
- Gather data from the community to determine their WordPress learning needs.
- Analyze the gathered data to formulate an action plan for the resources on Learn WordPress.
- Establish a set of standards for instructional content on Learn WordPress.
- Recruit project members
- Determine respondent pool goal
- Discuss survey marketing tactics
- Determine survey analyzers
Deadline: 6 February 2023
Market the Survey
A marketing push before the cutoff would be helpful to help to gather more data before the cutoff date. This effort can include:
- Social media (e.g., Twitter)
- Newsletter (e.g., Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Organizer newsletter)
- Encouraging facilitators of Online Workshops to share the survey with their attendees
Deadline: 13 Feb 2023
Conduct the survey
The survey is currently in progress, and will be cut off on the deadline date, with a goal of a number of respondents to be determined.
Deadline: 20 Feb 2023
Review and analyze the survey data
Once the Training Team has collected the data from the survey, the project team will explore the data in more depth to help identify any trends or issues.
Deadline: 5 March 2023
Publish a post to share the analyzed results
This post on Make/Training will share a summary of the Individual Learner Survey results and analysis.
Deadline: 20 March 2023
Discuss the results
There are a few options for the project team to discuss the results. This will be up to the project members to decide what works best for them, whether that is synchronous or asynchronous meetings on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or video call, or a blog post with discussion in the comments.
Deadline: 3 April 2023
Publish next steps
This post on Make/Training will detail the outcomes of the discussion and what the next steps will be.
Deadline: 12 April 2023
Thank you to the following people for contributing to this post: @piyopiyofox, @hlashbrooke, @webcommsat, @courane01, @azhiyadev