Please join us for our Team Meeting Tuesday at 07:00 UTC (APAC friendly) OR Tuesday at 17:00 UTC (AMER/EMEA friendly) OR Coffee Hour Friday at 14:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
This week’s meeting will be held in the APAC timezone.
- 2022 Year in review / Achievements
- Meeting Note Takers
- Training Team Values Setting
- Faculty Program Update
- Bite-Sized Content on Learn https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RW657Q/p1671558092688359
- Bite-sized content from Learn WordPress was requested by a Contributor during WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US, and distributed it via TikTok as an example. @west7 would like to research this and start creating 1-minute videos. Looking for volunteers to help put three examples together for feedback. The team would also look to collaborate with #marketing.
- Change in an icon for the block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. settings sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. that’s currently in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/46851#issuecomment-1372406518
- Content Localization Foundation
- Training Team Onboarding Paths
- Ready For Review
- Develop Your First Low-Code Block Theme – Module #4.
- Module 4, Lesson 1:
- Module 4, Lesson 2:
- Module 4, Lesson 3:
- Open Discussions
- Should we move the Learn WordPress feed to a new channel?
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Online Workshops
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog