Please join us for our Team Meeting Tuesdays at 07:00 UTC (APAC friendly) OR Tuesdays at 17:00 UTC (AMER/EMEA friendly) OR Coffee Hour Friday at 13:00 UTC and Eastern APAC Coffee Hour Friday at 04:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
- Meeting Note Takers
- The 2022 WordPress Survey
- Learn WordPress Site Updates – December 2022
- Faculty Program Update
- Project Thread: Content Localization Foundations
- An update with next steps will be shared in the project thread tomorrow
- Vote for Training Team Rep 2023
- Training Team Badges
- November Month Retrospective
- Team Goal Setting
- December 23, and 30, no coffee hour on(EMEA/AMER timezone)
- Eastern APAC Coffee Hour Fridays at 04:00 UTC from Dec 2nd.
- No Meeting on December 27, 2022
- Published Content
- Request for review
- Tutorial – Develop Your First Low-Code Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Theme Module#3
- Tutorial – Comments block
- Lesson Plan- Template tour lesson plan
- Request for comments
- Please reach out to @bsanevans if you’re interested in making new onboarding handbook pages for the Training Team.
- Do we want to update our GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ views to match the kanban board columns? (See Slack conversation)
- Open Discussions
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Online Workshops
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog