Please join us for our Team Meeting Tuesdays at 07:00 UTC (APAC friendly) OR Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC (AMER/EMEA friendly) OR Coffee Hour Friday at 13:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
- Meeting Note Takers
- Faculty Members Update
- Project Thread: Content Localization Foundations
- Team Rep Nominations
- Training Team Badges
- Team Goal Setting
- November 25, December 23 and 30, no coffee hour
- Do we hold a meeting on December 27, 2022?
- Published Content
- Request for review
- Request for comments
- Newly drafted handbook pages for GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ Process Updates soon to be published – link to the Google doc is on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
- When we create titles for Tutorials, Lesson Plans and Online Workshops, should it be in sentence case or title case? (@west7)
- Please reach out to @bsanevans if you’re interested in making new onboarding handbook pages for the Training Team.
- Do we want to update our GitHub views to match the kanban board columns? (See Slack conversation)
- Open Discussions
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Online Workshops
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog