Please join us for our Team Meeting Tuesdays at 07:00 UTC (APAC friendly) OR Tuesdays at 17:00 UTC (AMER/EMEA friendly) OR Coffee Hour Friday at 13:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
- Meeting Note Takers
- Faculty Program Updates
- Choosing accessible/contrasting dark theme colors for online workshops and tutorial videos
- Project Thread: Content Localization Foundations
- Looking for project volunteers!
- Reimaging the Training Team Contributor Roles
- Looking for feedback on these newly drafted handbook pages for GitHub Process Updates
- Preparing for Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. Nominations, we should include information on what the role entails and what it is not and con use this Community Team Rep Nominations for 2023 as a guiding example (See Slack thread about moving forward on this)
- Published Content
- Tutorial – Block Spacing
- Lesson Plan – the Nepali Translation of How to Create Lesson Plan
- Tutorial – Intro to the Site Editor and Template Editor
- Tutorial – Streamline your Block Theme development with Create Block Theme
- Request for comments
- APAC Coffee Hour
- Based on our Doodle, Tuesdays at 02:00 UTC seems to be the winner. We will hold our first Eastern APAC Coffee Hour during this time next Tuesday, November 22nd.
- Proposal: Create a new onboarding experience to the Training Team (by mid-November)
- November 2022 Sprint
- Information Sources for WP 6.1
- Use this site creation tool while creating content and testing WordPress 6.1
- Open Discussions
- GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ updates
- Can we add a
Published label and remove the
Ready to Publish label to items in the
Published or Closed column in our GitHub project?
- Can we update our documentation to include the removal of the
Ready for Review label once a piece of content has passed review?
- Please share the Individual Learner Survey with your networks and at the end of Online Workshops
- Publishing a content update newsletter on Learn WordPress
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!), and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Online Workshops
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog