This is a follow up project thread from the Proposal for GitHub Process Updates wherein we will make updates about the progress of this work.
Project DRIs Directly Responsible Individual - the people who are taking ownership or responsibility for a particular project or feature.
Project lead: @piyopiyofox
Project Members: @wpscholar
Would you like to assist with some of the tasks in this project? Please reach out to @piyopiyofox or a Training Team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts..
Start: October 3, 2022
End: October 31, 2022
- Create clarifying documentation for SME’s to manage GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ tasks
- Institute a GitHub automation workflow that guides roles through issue creation to completion
Listed below are the tasks that need completed to fulfill the objectives of this project.
Tasks below are non-technical GitHub admin tasks:
- Creation of new labels:
- Needs SME review
- Content Category The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. (Ex. PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php., Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/, Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Theme)
- Create a Topic Idea issue template
- Create a project board view for each type of faculty role
- How to vet topic ideas for accuracy, relevance, and priority and sorting them on GitHub
- Update Subject Matter Expert Getting started guide with information on how to engage with Content Creators
- Update the Administrator Getting Started guide to include how to perform GitHub sweeps
- Update meeting documentation with Training Team sprint planning information
- How to alert the appropriate faculty groups when a new task is ready to be tackled
Tasks below require developmental aid:
- Automating the assignment of reviewers as tasks move between columns