Slack Log for APAC Meeting (Tuesday 07:00 UTC)
Slack Log for AMER/EMEA Meeting (Tuesday 16:00 UTC)
(Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The meeting agenda.
We have alternated our weekly team meetings according to the time zone. this week APAC had Team Meeting and EMEA/Americas Had an Office Hour
Introductions and Welcome
Attendees Team meeting (APAC): @piyopiyofox, @webtechpooja, @freewebmentor, @pitamdey, @askaryabbas, @piyushmultidots, @amitpatelmd, @hderashri, @psykro, @chetan200891, @onealtr, @eboxnet, @margheweb, @courtneypk
Attendees Office hour (EMEA/AMER): @azhiyadev, @arasae, @courtneypk, @meaganhanes, @psykro, @isvictorious, @annezazu,
Welcome to the team (WordPress usernames): @GoGinaMarie @adamwood @blerjangashi @iandunn @javiarce @jsholberg @sinarhadiwijaya @lanche86 @lokomofeilow @dvonrohr @xubiant @dantovbein
Meeting Note Takers
Meeting recap notes is one of the best ways to get started contributing to a team. Please refer to this guide to get started.
WP 6.1 Sprint
- Release date for WP 6.1 is Nov 1, So we aim to achieve this in the timeframe and will release ready(add/update) content at the time of release.
Content published this Week
Introduction to block theme development (for beginners)
Content available for review
Padding Versus Margins – Tutorial
- @hderashri shared about an upcoming 10 days Hindu festival symbolizing the victory of good over evil.
- @courtneypk shared about her b’day next week.
- @digitalchild asked about a way through which a ‘to be reviewed’ list that can be created which is easier than digging around GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/.
– @webtechpooja answered by “new GitHub Project board https://github.com/orgs/WordPress/projects/33 where tabs are grouped by tickets.
@azhiyadev started the office hour and asked and started assigning people to unclaimed issues in WP 6.1.
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Online Workshops
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog