Slack Log for EMEA/Americas Meeting (Tuesday, June 7, 2022)
Slack Log for APAC Meeting (Thursday, June 9, 2022)
(Logs require a Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The agenda for both meetings can be found here.
Introductions and Welcome
Attendance EMEA/Americas Meeting: @courane01, @samanthaxmunoz, @ndiego, @azhiyadev, @webtechpooja, @caraya, @st810amaze, @artdecotech, @arasae, @piyopiyofox, @Kemmy99, @courtneypk
Attendance APAC Meeting: @webtechpooja, @kartiks16, @chaion07, @sabbir16, @krupalpanchal, @courtneypk
Welcoming the newcomers joining the Training team in the last week (Slack usernames): @Sérgio Silva @Egle Lak @CarolinaOP @ChristianStickel @patricia @Igor Beuermann @Sheila LevelLevel @JABBARI @Rich @Jaap Wiering @Chandler Weiner
Meeting Note Takers
- An individual learner survey was started that will shape the needs analysis survey
- An SLS training took place around how to submit a GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ issue/topic for LearnWP
Will hold off on May Retrospective and extend the May Sprint due to WCEU.
We are now breaking sprint posts into sections that mimic our boards on Github:
- Learn Content
- Website Development
- Training Team Administration
If you would like to contribute to an issue:
- Pick a topic from the Next Up – You Can Help column.
- Assign yourself to the issue. If you are unable to do this, please comment on the issue and a Team Admin will assign you to the issue. Once you’ve selected your issue (card) please move it to the Drafts in Progress column.
For every column in our Content Development board, we have a “How to use this column” issue to help you navigate the project board.
Every column in our Content Development board has a “how to use this column” issue.
- Drafts: you’ll find the person assigned to the issue in the drafts column.
- Reviews: these are ready for feedback, proofreading, comments, etc.
- Help Needed
- Ready to Create – You Can Help
- High Priority
- Medium Priority
- Quick Fix
- Topic Ideas
When you think about how to contribute to the training team, opportunities include:
- Creating content from the “You can help” column
- Reviewing someone else’s content that is almost ready to be published
- Revising abandoned issues to be ready to go live. That includes many long-time lesson plans that mention brands and now meet our brand guidelines, or just need a refresh due to updates.
If you want to contribute to the site functionality of Learn then please have a look at our Website development project board.
Items on this board also have a priority label (high, medium, and low) as well as good first issues.
- High Priority Issues
- Medium Priority Issues
- Good First Issues
Training Team Administration
We will use this board for our general admin like meeting notes recap. We have created templates that you can use.
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Lesson Plans
- Social Learning Spaces
- Pathways to Learn WordPress
- Getting Involved
- GitHub Website Development
- GitHub Content Development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month
- About The Team
- Our Team Blog