Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The agenda for the meeting can be found here
This Thursday we ran after the first APAC friendly meeting. And got quite nice responses.
Introductions and Welcome
This meeting is a follow up to the earlier Training Team meeting so that we can include more people in more time zones in Training Team meetings.
Attendance: @webtechpooja, @azhiyadev, @tshah0107, @anandau14, @kemmy, @tejwanihemant
We discussed Training Team Goals for 2022.
So let’s take a look at what we will work on between the 5.9 release and the start of March.
- Use GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ Projects in LearnWP repository for managing team activity
- Implement a Faculty program (like Community Deputies, name to be determined)
- Brainstorm and discovery for the creation of a Needs Analysis
- Plan promotions with the Marketing Team
- Create Instructor/Facilitator resources portion on LearnWP
Other decision-making topics:
These are open for feedback. Please provide your feedback.
January 2022 Sprint
This week/month, the team is really focused on the WP 5.9 release and content coinciding with that.
Lesson plan ready for review
And we ended up with a technical question of the week.
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Getting Involved:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/
- About The Team:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/about/
- Our Team Blog:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- Our Content Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/BsfzszRM/wordpress-training-team-lesson-plan-development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/category/sprint/
- Learn WordPress Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/rK1tztAA/learn-wordpress
- Learn WordPress Issues Log:- https://github.com/WordPress/learn
- Our Lesson Plans:- https://learn.wordpress.org/lesson-plans/
- Our YouTube Channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxqNA0WORZXWurEP6cNV6w
- Learn Website:- https://learn.wordpress.org/