The Training team is using the Sprint method to determine what we are working on and to determine our timeframe for delivery.
What is a Sprint?
Sprints are fixed length events of one month or less to create consistency. A new Sprint starts immediately after the conclusion of the previous Sprint.https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-a-sprint-in-scrum
Audit of Learn for 5.9 Release (high priority)
Preparing Learn content for future WordPress updates.
Team Goal Setting
Looking back at our progress over the past year and looking ahead to next year, join us.
- Learn content roadmap Trello board @azhiyadev
- Learn functionality Trello board @azhiyadev
- Learn Team members Trello board @azhiyadev
- Fix 404 errors on Learn
Continue working on
- Keeping your site secure @arasae
- Migrating/cloning a site @arasae
- Query loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. @arasae
- Installing WordPress locally @arasae
- Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. directory @west7
- Navigation block @west7
- Organizing your Media Library @west7
- User Facing Full Site Editing (FSE) – Part 1 @rkohilakis
- User FSE – Part 2 @west7
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
- Getting Involved:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/
- About The Team:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/about/
- Our Team Blog:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- Our Content Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/BsfzszRM/wordpress-training-team-lesson-plan-development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/category/sprint/
- Learn WordPress Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/rK1tztAA/learn-wordpress
- Learn WordPress Issues Log:- https://github.com/WordPress/learn
- Our Lesson Plans:- https://learn.wordpress.org/lesson-plans/
- Our YouTube Channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxqNA0WORZXWurEP6cNV6w
- Learn Website:- https://learn.wordpress.org/
#learn-wordpress, #training, #training-team