Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The agenda for the meeting can be found here
Introductions and Welcome
Attendance: @courane01 @azhiyadev @webtechpooja @ashiquzzaman @Arasae @kemmy99 @rkohilakis @onealtr @Femy
Welcome: @Sam Toohey @Sharmin Ritu
Next Meetings Note Takers:
16 Nov – @@kemmy99
23 Nov – @ashiquzzaman
30 Nov – @Femy
- Welcome and Help Scout Wranglers – In addition to note-takers, we could use support regularly checking our email inbox with HelpScout, and also configuring login access during team meetings to the Training team site + Learn as needed. Please let us know if anyone is interested in this.
- Documentation for faculty program with Automattic – This will be asynchronous. This will be on Wednesday, November 10 at 17:00 UTC
- Nominations for Training Team Reps 2022 – Team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts. nominations are open at this time. @azhiyadev and @courane01 would like to help others move into the roles.they both will stay on with the intention to help others grow into the role. Other tasks along the contributor ladder “who can participate”demonstrate readiness to take on progressively more roles with the team.
We use Sprint methodology to track our work on a monthly basis. Here you can find November Sprint
Details about Social Learning (formerly known as Discussion Groups) are now available on Learn.
- What did you commit to last week?
- What did you do?
- Any blockers?
- What will you do next week?
@webtechpooja – I was out for a festival in the past weeks. We celebrated a week-long festival – “Diwali” here in India last week.
- New text-based course shipped: https://learn.wordpress.org/course/getting-started-with-wordpress-get-familiar/ <–It needs a lot of feedback and iterations, however, so I would love additional stuff there!
- I’m halfway through the workshop mentioned on posts vs. pages — I need to wrap that up.
- Life is in the way.
- Finish the posts vs. pages workshop, but that may be more of a two week goal.
- Taking off Nov 10 – 12 to work on the document sprint
- Took the days off, consequently having back to back meetings for the past 2 days
- work on docs for faculty, work on creating training team course (aligned w/ our contrib ladder)
- Started working on a user-focused FSE course
- Trying to figure out what is a good starting point for a user-based FSE course… should it be broken up into a super beginner and then someone with some experience? Should it be broken into basics and then more personalized?
- Hopefully have all the content gathered so I can start defining objectives and shaping it into a course.
@femy asked @courane01 do you have any setup resources to get started on the Learn GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ tasks. Also, wondering if Auditing is still open for help?
@azhiyadev replied on this, @hlashbrooke will be the best contact for Learn GitHub
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
- Getting Involved:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/
- About The Team:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/about/
- Our Team Blog:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- Our Content Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/BsfzszRM/wordpress-training-team-lesson-plan-development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/category/sprint/
- Learn WordPress Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/rK1tztAA/learn-wordpress
- Learn WordPress Issues Log:- https://github.com/WordPress/learn
- Our Lesson Plans:- https://learn.wordpress.org/lesson-plans/
- Our YouTube Channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxqNA0WORZXWurEP6cNV6w
- Learn Website:- https://learn.wordpress.org/
#learn-wordpress, #training, #training-team