The Training team is using the Sprint method to determine what we are working on and to determine our timeframe for delivery.
What is a Sprint?
Sprints are fixed length events of one month or less to create consistency. A new Sprint starts immediately after the conclusion of the previous Sprint.https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-a-sprint-in-scrum
- Translation work sessions for subtitles and post content
- Auditing all posts/lesson plans/workshops/courses for taxonomy A taxonomy is a way to group things together. In WordPress, some common taxonomies are category, link, tag, or post format. https://codex.wordpress.org/Taxonomies#Default_Taxonomies.
- Creating slides for new plans
We are currently using Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. to manage and keep track of the status of each piece of content on Learn (lesson plans, video workshops and courses). Every piece of content has its own Trello card. The Trello lists represent our Development Workflow, each list contains a card that explains how to use that list.
Lesson Plan, Video Workshop and Course Ideas
The cards in this list are in need of a contributor to:
- Finalize description
- Set objectives (goals)
- Research and add links to support and developer docs
- Identify marketing communications
- Carry out an SEO review.
- Review related material on Learn
If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. If you need any help, please ask in the Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #training channel.
- Lesson Plans
- Using Global Styles & Settings
- How to use the Query Loop
- Intro to the Block Editor
- Frequently Used Blocks
Next Up – You Can Help!
The cards in this list are in need of a contributor to draft them up. If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. Then move the card to the Drafts in Progress list. If you need any help, please ask in the Slack #training channel.
- Lesson Plans
- Site Backup
- Migrate, Copy, or Clone a Site
- Introduction to Gutenberg
Drafts in Progress
A team member has taken ownership of the cards in this list and is currently working on it. If you have started working on a card and are unable to take it to completion, please let the team know in the Slack #training channel.
- Lesson Plans
- How to create a blog post in WordPress 5.x @geheren
- How to Configure WordPress Installation for Contributor and Developer Testing @woodnet @caseymilne @paaljaochim
- Testing a Trac ticket or GitHub PR @woodnet @caseymilne @paaljaochim
- Introduction to WordPress @arasae
- How to Contribute to the Training Team @courane01 begin creating
- Theme Course Development @courane01 will continue scoping into October
- Full Site Editing @daisyo
The cards in this list have been drafted but are in need of a team member to quality check them before going to copyediting:
- Does the description fairly describe what is covered?
- Have the objectives been written using Bloom’s Taxonomy?
- Have the objectives been met?
- Does the assessment (quiz) match the objectives?
- Are the pre-requisite skills really necessary?
- Will “students” be able to perform the exercises with what has been covered?
- Does the content build from or duplicate material in other lesson plans, video workshops or courses?
If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. When you finished, move the card to the Ready for Copyediting list. If you have started working on a card and are unable to take it to completion, please let the team know in the Slack #training channel.
- Lesson Plans
- Using a browser inspector@woodnet (revising screenshots)
Ready for Copyediting
The cards in this list are ready to be reviewed for typos, grammar, understandability, completeness, and general style. If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. Then move the card to the Copyediting in Progress list. If you need any help, please ask in the Slack #training channel.
Copyediting in Progress
The cards in this list are undergoing active work on copyediting. A team member has taken ownership and is currently working on it. Check:
- Spelling errors (if applicable)
- Grammar errors (if applicable)
- Readability (use a tool such as https://www.perrymarshall.com/grade/, we should stay under 9th grade, but technical stuff may differ) (if applicable)
If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. When you finished, move the card to the Style Guide Review list. If you have started working on a card and are unable to take it to completion, please let the team know in the Slack #training channel.
Style Guide Review
These are cards that need to be checked to make sure they adhere to the team’s style guide. If that’s you, add yourself as a Member on the card and as the Current Owner. When you finished, move the card to the Ready for Final Review list. If you have started working on a card and are unable to take it to completion, please let the team know in the Slack #training channel.
Ready for Final Review
The Final Review list is for cards that have been through copyediting, instructional review, and testing and are nearly ready for official publication.
The Training Team admins will review the cards for:
- Adherence to the current template
- Adherence to the current style guide
- Quality and completeness of information
- Any technical formatting details needing to be changed in order for the content to be published
- Slide review or creation
- Anything else needing attention before publication
Cards move out of this list (and to the Lesson Plans Ready for Publication list) when they have been approved by the team admins.
- Style a print-friendly style sheet (transcripts and lesson plans)
- Use a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. layout in a page to create much of the lesson plan page organization https://github.com/WordPress/learn/issues/153 (pending UX UX is an acronym for User Experience - the way the user uses the UI. Think ‘what they are doing’ and less about how they do it. audit review)
- Audit Learn Functionalitly Trello board
- Deputy program
- Update Learn Handbook
- Conduct a retrospective on the previous sprint.
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
- Getting Involved:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/getting-started/
- About The Team:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/about/
- Our Team Blog:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- Our Content Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/BsfzszRM/wordpress-training-team-lesson-plan-development
- What We Are Currently Working On This Month:- https://make.wordpress.org/training/category/sprint/
- Learn WordPress Roadmap:- https://trello.com/b/rK1tztAA/learn-wordpress
- Learn WordPress Issues Log:- https://github.com/WordPress/learn
- Our Lesson Plans:- https://learn.wordpress.org/lesson-plans/
- Our YouTube Channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxqNA0WORZXWurEP6cNV6w
- Learn Website:- https://learn.wordpress.org/