Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The agenda for the meeting can be found here
Introductions and Welcome
Attendance: @azhiyadev @courane01 @webtechpooja @evarlese @caseymilne @thisisyeasin @Arasae @ashiquzzaman @peteringersoll @chaion07
Over the past week, @Arasae, @Catt @Md. Yeasin @Briana Breaux @Kamrul Hasan @poliuk @Antonio Sejas in Forums have joined the Training team
1.) FSE Calls for Testing: Theme.json and 5.8RC
@courane01 asked to run either of those Friday morning during office hours or Thursday at most any time folks are available/interested. Comment below if you’d like to test. – @webtechpooja and @peteringersoll expressed their interest.
2.) The process needed for updating workshop content.
There isn’t a set procedure for updating Workshop content on Learn. We are going to collaborate with #community-team on this, if anyone is interested in getting involved please let us know.
3.) Lesson Plans added to the queue around 5.8
Last week there is a bit of activity in the channel as @courane01 and @azhiyadev were going through our Content Trello Board.
These will need objectives and descriptions defined and next you can help in it. We will be updating the lists this week, so if there is something you want to work on then please let us know in Slack against the card in Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing..
1.) We have 6 drafts in progress, 5 have a current owner and the following still needs an owner
- Researching what work other teams have started (researching what Docs and Marketing have gathered) before writing content
2.) We’ve got a lesson plan that is ready for an Instructional Review, if anyone wants to work on this one, please let us know:
3.) Next up on our Sprint is Learn Functionality
- Slides plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party
- Style a print-friendly style sheet (transcripts and lesson plans)
- Use a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. layout in a page to create much of the lesson plan page organisation
- Coordinate with #docs, #marketing, and other Make teams on audit tool feature request
4.) Last on our Sprint is Training Team Goals:
- Tie some contributor roles to user roles or levels of content access on Learn – Customized User Access roles
- Publish initial draft for Brand guidelines
- Schedule Learn stakeholder meeting
- Audit Learn Content Trello board.
- Deputy program
- Update Training Team Handbook
- Update Learn Handbook
Highlight: Our Learn stakeholder meetings have now merged into our general Training team meetings. If need to have a separate meeting is required, will be scheduled.
We are going to be working with #community-team on developing a Deputy program to acknowledge some of the additional work that some of the team members have been doing and to ensure that we retain and support our contributors.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team helps people learn to use, extend, and contribute to WordPress through synchronous and asynchronous learning as well as downloadable lesson plans for instructors to use in live environments, via learn.wordpress.org.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.