Please join us Tuesday, 15 June 2021, 16:00 UTC OR Office Hour Friday, 18 June 2021, 10:00 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
- WCEU Recap
- Upcoming info
- FSE Call for Testing as Training Team
- Test the Widgets Editor
- Times this week to test
- Learn WordPress Workshop Review Ridealong
- Proposed user roles on Learn
- Proposing an audit tool
- Sponsored Instructional Designers
- Current work in process – June 2021 Sprint
- How to contribute to the WordPress Project with screenshots and videos (guidelines for how content within screenshots and videos appear).
- Sample content – Theme Unit Test Data, Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Blocks Data, Monster Widget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. https://trello.com/c/ofOe6QHm/286-sample-content @cousett
- Annotation options https://trello.com/c/nl4zLyUP/287-screenshot-video-annotation-options @cousett
- Zooming in, how to crop for enough focus and context, aspect ratios https://trello.com/c/D3QRGfGd/288-image-video-focus-best-practices @courane01
- Lessons in the process: (These need to incorporate the lesson plan template, and bump the content into the lesson plan walkthrough)
- Setting up a local WordPress Development Environment for Core
- Testing a Trac ticket or a Github PR
- Trial run on a lesson plan and workshop about overcoming Imposter Syndrom by @lepittenger as part of Web Dev Studios 5FTF to be included in the speaker series.
- How to Configure WordPress installation for Contributor and Developer Testing – @paaljoachim and @sarmstead (needs team review) https://trello.com/c/K8EsqWjO/291-how-to-configure-wordpress-installation-for-contributor-and-developer-testing
- Lessons ready to be drafted
- Use browser dev tools to anonymized info
- What other teams have found
- How to create a blog post in WordPress 5.x
- Using a browser inspector
- What to do when you forget your password
- Open Discussions
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team creates downloadable lesson plans and related materials for facilitators to use in live environments.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.