Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
The agenda for the meeting can be found here
Attendance: @azhiyadev , @webtechpooja, @courane01. @paaljoachim, @onealtr, @evarlese, @mukesh27, @Lu
Introduction and Welcome:
We have few new members joining this week – @Chris Bell @Lu @Arul Prasad J
March Sprint Review:
March spring details can be found here
The training had people commit to working on 4 out of 6 lesson plans. Credit is where it’s due, kudos to @Courtney @cousett @paaljoachim @sarmstead for working on these.
Lesson plans for April –
- Use browser dev tools to anonymized info
- What other teams have found
- How to create a blog post in WordPress 5.x
- Using a browser inspector
- What to do when you forget your password
Plus the ones @paaljoachim is working on
- Content Goals Learn:
- Functionality Goals:
- Team Functionality Goals:
@Lu shared valuable insight about how overwhelming it is for a newcomer to get up to speed with the work and Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. board.
The training team used to hold slides in GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ but now moved to learn and is looking for a simplified way to create slides.
The training team is searching for a way to print out our lesson plans, quizzes and transcripts for those who don’t have limited internet access.
The Landing page layout for lesson plan is still being worked on and will be ready by the end of this month.
Team Goals for March includes:
- Team Contributor Roles – almost there, we have the roles and are aligning them to the Contributor ladder
- Training Handbook – published
- Learn Handbook – published
- Initial draft for Brand guidelines – limited resources and impact of COVID means we need to review this later
The handbooks will continue to be works in progress
The stakeholders meeting for content planning was delayed due to limited resource availability.
@courane01 believes contributor lesson plans is in a regrowth phase, and also the part about the lessons not being great for new contributors for March. That left more lift on those that have been also working on team functionality goals stretched thin.
@azhiyadev believes adding an update of the sprint to the meeting caps would help everyone see all the updates in one place.
Some of the quizzes were not correctly imported from GitHub, need line breaks and a few questions are confusing. The training team is doing an audit to clean this up.
Review of workshop videos that can be turned into Lesson Plans
Learn functionality goals:
- Making a layout for lesson plans
- Slides plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party
Team functionality goals
- Invites for stakeholders
- Team Contributor roles
- Brand guidelines