The Training team is using the Sprint method to determine what we are working on and to determine our timeframe for delivery.
What is a Sprint?
[Sprints] are fixed length events of one month or less to create consistency. A new Sprint starts immediately after the conclusion of the previous Sprint.https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-a-sprint-in-scrum
Sprint Content on Learn Goals (Lesson Plans)
Theme: How to contribute to the WordPress Project with screenshots and videos (guidelines for how content within screenshots and videos appear).
Think about these with as much consideration toward accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) as possible.
Ideally, these guidelines could be adopted by other teams as well, turned into a video series of workshops, and help onboard others into several parts of the project. Additionally, it lifts needing to maintain this from our team handbook into content on Learn.
Sprint Functionality of Learn Goals
- Submit Slides plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party proposal after Learn Working Group consideration
- Style a print-friendly style sheet (transcripts and lesson plans)
- Customize the Image Caption styling https://github.com/WordPress/learn/issues/176
- Use a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. layout in a page to create much of the lesson plan page organization https://github.com/WordPress/learn/issues/153
- Submit audit tool feature request
Sprint Team Functionality Goals
We missed our goal for February on planning a meeting to kick off stakeholders meetings. These would be cross-team collaboration in the organization of our goals. Ideas have included:
- Learn Functionality
- Learn Working Group/Community
- Content Planning
- Release squad
Next action: learn from Marketing how release comms planning occurs and from Docs when they plan content for pending releases. Plan an initial review post 5.7 release date.
#slides, #sprint, #sprint21m