Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.)
Agenda for the meeting.
Attendees: @camikaos, @paaljoachim, @oglekler, @evarlese
Learn WordPress Handbook
- @camikaos hosted a sprint for the Learn WordPress Handbook last week.
- The sprint focused on reviewing the existing Handbook drafts and adding in/making edits based on feedback.
- For next steps, there is still a need for additional contributors to review and add any suggestions or edit to the draft Handbook pages.
- For access to the Google doc to review and comment on the draft, please ask in the #training channel.
- From the sprint, one item to be decided is where the Handbook should live: on the Make/Training team blog (this site) or in Learn WordPress itself.
Design UI UI is an acronym for User Interface - the layout of the page the user interacts with. Think ‘how are they doing that’ and less about what they are doing./UX UX is an acronym for User Experience - the way the user uses the UI. Think ‘what they are doing’ and less about how they do it. Review for Learn WordPress
- Some Design team members have left feedback on the Review/Feedback Request: UX for learn.wordpress.org with suggested changes and/or improvements. Those include:
- Making changes to the text on the home page, especially to clarify workshops and lesson plans.
- Organizing content around topics and categories for both lesson plans and workshops in a unified way.
- Revising the home page layout to highlight calls to action/content types differently.
- @paaljoachim shared some additional thoughts/feedback on the terminology for workshops, as well, and plans to brainstorm some thoughts around definitions.
- As a next step, the idea is to write up a proposal/post for the team to review and discuss the text on the home page, whether to make changes, and review how that aligns with Learn WordPress’ goals and mission.
- Join the efforts to help build and create a Learn WordPress Handbook. In particular, additional volunteers are needed to help review and provide feedback on the draft Handbook documentation.
- Share your thoughts on where the Learn WordPress Handbook should live: next to the Training Handbook on this site or on Learn WordPress itself.
- Start a discussion around the proposed changes to the Learn WordPress homepage, including the text on the home page. (This would be helpful to cross-collaborate with Marketing, as there has been some brainstorming done already about terminology.)
- Leave comments or feedback on:
If there’s anything else you would like to see added to the notes, if you’d like to volunteer for or have thoughts on any of the action items, or if you’re interested in helping to facilitate or take notes for future meetings, please add a note in the comments or ask any questions in the Slack channel!
As a reminder, the Learn WordPress Working Group is a Community and Training cross-team working group that helps to organize discussion groups, review workshop content, and develop improvements to the Learn WordPress website.
New contributors are always welcome! If you’re interested in getting involved, check out the Learn WordPress Get Involved page, introduce yourself in the #training team channel, or join one of the upcoming working group meetings.