Please join us Tuesday 1700 UTC OR Friday 1100 UTC in the #training Slack channel for our weekly meetings!
This Week’s Agenda
- Introduction and Welcome
- Congrats and Thanks
- What we’re working on now:
- Sprint kickoff
- Lesson plans for WP 5.7 (most of these have video workshops)
- Using blocks in a Post
- Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Patterns
- Reusable Blocks
- Block directory
- Blocks in Widgets
- Slides unified and proposal submitted to Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. (help us test)
- Lesson plans for reformatting identified
- Logistics on staying in step with releases
- Pull RC1 if not related to blocks and test
- Check materials 2 business days before the release
- Ship relevant plans with release party
- Documenting procedures along the way
- Plan March sprint with key stakeholders (Meta, Design, Marketing, etc.)
- Training handbook (team roles, procedures)
- Learn handbook (how to use Learn, guidelines about brands, etc) – Request for volunteers
- Brand Guidelines
- Open announcements/discussion
- Update from @webtechpooja about WordCamp India
- @carike has been rethinking the delivery of training, including cost of consumption
- COPPA comments
- Learn Working Group recap
- Next meetings – Fridays become drop-in office hours/working sessions
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team creates downloadable lesson plans and related materials for facilitators to use in live environments.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.