Hey there! Welcome to WC India Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/..
Please register for a WordPress.org account.
- Get lesson plan & Workshop to create wordpress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ account
Create a WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. Account.
- Get lesson plan to create slack account
- Login with your WordPress.org account on this link.
- Scroll on that page to “Joining WordPress team on Slack” and enter your email address.
- If you can, make your Slack and WordPress.org Usernames the same.
- After you sign up for WordPress Slack, the email associated with your Slack username will be [wporgusername]@chat.wordpress.org. This is important if you forget your password.
- Find the #training channel in Slack and join.
- Bonus points for uploading a photo so people recognize you 🙂
We use Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. to manage tasks and lesson plans.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.
Our Current Priorities:
- Testing Slides Plugin
- Helping with the lesson plan conversion from paragraph to outline style
- Creating translations of existing lesson plans as a DRAFT in Learn WordPress lesson plans with the category The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging. “local (such as – Hindi, Bengali, Gujrati, Marathi, Tamil, etc..)”.
Note: We don’t support translations yet on Learn, but plan in the future.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on the team Handbook
- Spend time reading and drafting notes about what should be revised
- What roles may the team need?
- What can we learn from other team handbooks
Learn WordPress videos/discussion groups:
- Submitting workshop proposals or ideas
- Helping with outreach to local Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. groups to host local discussion groups based on workshops
- Helping to create subtitles for videos. To know more please click Here