Please join us Friday at 11:00 UTC in the #training Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel for our weekly meeting!
- Audit Progress: 47 of 85 lessons audited
- Marketing Team & Learn site The Training Team publishes its completed lesson plans at https://learn.wordpress.org/ which is often referred to as the "Learn" site. working project
- Open announcements/discussion
We are working toward 2 large factors needed on the Learn site to help the team focus there.
- Slides – many lesson plans have slides. They are still on GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ and there is no synchronization at this time between Learn & GitHub.
- Revision tool – We need a way to “stage” a lesson after a published version goes live. Specifically, this would be helpful at working on upcoming content to stay in synch with releases.
We are communicating with multiple teams (Community, Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress., and more) to achieve this.
Yesterday’s Learn maintenance meeting included Marketing. Marketing will include information in the upcoming Month in WordPress in November and Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. newsletter for October that will help promote the need for contributors interested in small chunks of work, such as fixing screenshots.
Team Rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts.
Can we revisit our Team Reps? At this time, most of those listed on the Updates site are not able to participate regularly with the team. Interested? Let’s think on this.
You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team creates downloadable lesson plans and related materials for instructors to use in live environments.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.