Please join us at 19:30 UTC in the #training Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel for our weekly meeting!
- Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. materials
- Slides – Show-er
- Learn site The Training Team publishes its completed lesson plans at https://learn.wordpress.org/ which is often referred to as the "Learn" site.
- Team survey
- Trello board update – slight change to workflow
- Lesson plans needing volunteers (see the “User Plans Ready for Drafting” list in Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing.
- Open announcements / discussion
NOTE: The “Welcome” item has been removed from the agenda. You are welcome to join the team at any time! If you are new to the Training Team, please introduce yourself in the #training channel before the meeting (or anytime!) and feel free to join us in the meeting and participate as you are able.
Training Team Mission
The WordPress training team creates downloadable lesson plans and related materials for instructors to use in live workshop environments.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in, comment on posts, and participate in meetings and on projects.