Transcript in Slack
New Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. Board
WordPress Training Team Lesson Plan Development
There are new lists on the board, new cards in lists, and new information on cards.
- The START HERE list now has a GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ workflow card with screencasts of how to work with the lesson plans in GitHub.
- There are some Power Ups enabled on the Trello board that we are experimenting with. GitHub, Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/., Custom Fields are likely the ones we’ll keep, but we also looked at Card Aging. (We are limited to three.)
- There’s a new list on the Trello board for Team Roles with a card for each role. Descriptions need to be completed and members who are contributing in that role added to the cards.
WP Training Team
The lesson plans are all in GitHub as separate repos The Training Team uses GitHub for working copies of lesson plans. You can find them at https://github.com/wptrainingteam..
- There’s a new “repo-template” repo that is meant to be an example of how to set up new lesson plan repos.
- The workflow for working on lesson plans has been tested and documented (somewhat). There’s information in Trello on the current workflow.
- Rather than commenting in Github, comments are likely better done in Trello.
Lesson Plans in Focus
At the bottom of the https://wptrainingteam.github.io/ GitHub Page there were some ideas on how to combine lesson plans into workshops. The lessons for the “Welcome to WordPress” workshop are our current focus and will be used to further test our new tools and processes. Volunteers needed to help with those!