It is possible that we could set up a Slackbot to send a greeting when new people join the #training channel. (Hat tip to the #design team for this idea.) What would we want to see in that message?
Proposed content (add your ideas in the comments below!):
Welcome to the WordPress Training Team! We create downloadable lesson plans and related materials for instructors to use in live workshop environments. This all-volunteer team needs people with all kinds of skills!
Here are some handy links to get started in our community:
- The Make WordPress Training blog is where you’ll find meeting agendas and summaries https://make.wordpress.org/training/
- We communicate in the WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #training channel. If you have questions, this is the best way to contact the team.
- Check out our GitHub page to get an overview of what the Training Team is working on. https://wptrainingteam.github.io/
- Take a look at our GitHub account where the actual work is done. You can find our in-progress lesson plans there too! https://github.com/wptrainingteam
- We have more details in our handbook https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/
- Finally, introduce yourself in the #training channel on Slack. It would be great to know where in the world you are located, what brings you to the training team, what your skills/background might be, and how you would like to contribute!
Great to have you onboard 🙂
(Note that the actual bot will need to be created by a WP Slack Admin.)