Hello team! Tomorrow is WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/.. We have a few main groups of priorities for contributor day tomorrow. We will plan to split into two groups to deal with the following priorities. Contributors can work on just a piece of this or move to the other group mid-day if they’d like. They are as follows:
Priority A: Audit of Lesson Plans to Identify Needed Updates
- Audit existing plans for WordPress 4.9 (and, really, 4.8 as well based on summer 2017 release date) and make a list of plans that need content updates.
- As part of the audit, we need to make a list of any plans that need to be copyedited again.
- We have learned that the images missing from some lesson plans can not be recovered, so as part of the overall audit would like to replace screenshots included in the plans.
- We should take a hard look at WordPress 4.8 and 4.9 and create a list of any new features that need to be addressed in the “WordPress 101 Track.”
Priority B: Building a Team Roadmap for 2018
- We need to finalize our new meeting time.
- We need to take the ideas discussed over the summer regarding our new planned workflow and create a plan to implement these ideas. I am anticipating this is a huge task that will take much of the day. Our notes on next steps for implementing a lot of this are contained in this meeting recap post from 9/12/2017.
We have not heard from team members who can not make it in person about times for a video call, so we are not currently planning to have one. I think we should plan to recap WordCamp US on a team video call in a meeting over the next few weeks instead. Tomorrow we will document everything we do and share through the Make site and Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..