Slack log (requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account).
Lesson Plan Updates
- @bethsoderberg has an audit update. There are a few lessons that we’re missing updates on. Current Trello board: https://trello.com/b/zFnkQF91/wordpress-training-team-copyediting-flow
- Let’s do a better job of sending links to lessons when we talk about them in chat.
- @esteschris, @vmarie is also interested, @donkiely, and @meaganhanes are in need of new lessons for copyediting.
- @esteschris: Copyediting is done on https://make.wordpress.org/training/handbook/theme-school/customizer-header-and-background-images/ and had questions about how to make images available for everyone. Chris will confirm all necessary changes are made.
- Once we’ve edited it, do we move it on the board?
- No, let’s do it in the weekly check-ins (either Slack or on the agenda post) so that it’s all tracked in one place.
- @coachwp’s program starts on March 8th. This program is for kids and features 6 sessions once a month.
- Morgan Estes is testing Choosing and Installing Themes with the Oklahoma City meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. group
- WCEU has a community summit AND a contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. this year, so let’s figure out if we have topics we need to cover.
- Please leave feedback on the accessibility workshop outline: https://make.wordpress.org/training/2017/02/14/accessibility-lesson-plans/
- @esteschris and @chanthaboune will be at the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Atlanta contributor day.