Slack log (requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account).
Lesson Plan Updates
- @Skarjune: “Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings.: Taglines” should be complete by EOD of meeting. Working on three other LP copy edits next week.
- @Donkiely: Unable to make progress due to ambiguity of task. Will review Template Tour and remove red text and strike-throughs.
Discussion of Yearly Goals
- Content flow solution
- More solid copyediting process (ties into 1)
- Proper handbook (ties to 1 + 2)
- Outreach to local groups
- An accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) workshop
It seemed generally agreed that considering Edit Flow as one solution and focusing on #1 are probably good ideas but no word on how long it will take to get Edit Flow appropriate sign offs. @bethsoderberg will talk to @chanthaboune when she is back online.
Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. to be an interim solution until Edit Flow (or something else is implemented.
Because of the enormity of the goals @bethsoderberg will write a post about what we know so far about each of our goals and then members can pick up the torch on the pieces they are interested in.