Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account)
- Recap of last meeting
- Making workshops out of lesson plans
- We need your help to create groups of lesson plans (proposed workshops). You can read more about why we’re doing this and also add your ideas for workshops to our post on this topic!
- After we have a rough list of workshops, we will make a push to complete any lesson plans that will work across workshops.
- As a team, we’re going to try to get an average of one proposed workshop a person this week.
- Lesson plan progress – no updates
- Testing progress
- Pittsburgh Meetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. Tested Conditional Tags last week and will be testing the Loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. on Thursday. @torlowski is/was presenting both and we will submit feedback ASAP.
- Quarterly Lesson Plan Audit
- We are doing our quarterly audit to determine an accurate list of plans people are currently working on. If the plan you are listed with is correct, please ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” @abuango or @bethsoderberg to let them know. If you can no longer work on the plan listed, please ping and let us know. We’ll ping people in our Slack meetings for the next three weeks and the list will also be in the meeting recaps.
managing menus @wpnzach
what can you do with WordPress @meaganhanes
- Training Handbook Outline
- @courtneyengle has created an outline for how the training documentation could be organized.
- The handbook discussion will be the first priority of next week’s team meeting. We’d like to get set at that time so that we can start actually creating the content, especially any super important details, before the WCUS contributor day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. on dec 6. At this time, it’d help if you can review what’s on the outline above. Next week, share if we’ve overlooked any areas, if there are things that you think will help orient new people to the team, how we can continue to make it clear how and what the training team does, etc.
- Getting ready for #wcus will be the focus of the team meeting on November 24.
- We’ve been working on a few foundational areas as a team, and will have an opportunity during WCUS Community Summit to hopefully finalize some things. @courtneydawn has been heading up our efforts on providing slides to lesson plan instructors.
- Please, please, please comment on the slides post!
- If you’ve tested plans, please comment on this post about what slides you did/did not use.
- Contributor days
- Will anyone who attends the training team meetings be attending the WordCamps/Contributor Days in Berlin or Orlando this coming weekend? If so, please ping @courtneyengle or @bethsoderberg