Tide Chat Summary: June 5th

This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from June 5th in the #tide Slack channel (agenda, Slack archive).

Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHP Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.org. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.

GCP migration

  • Completed the initial standup of Tide on GCP in a Dev account and tested all services are working, though we have found some minor bugs that we’re currently addressing
  • Working to fix the minor bugs and setup Tide on the new Prod account the next couple of days and start the re-audit of all themes and plugins by the end of the week
  • Next week we’ll be setting up DNS to transfer from the AWS to the GCP version of Tide, we’ll then be at Tide 1.0.0-beta and ready to find all the bugs and test the new API
  • Current issue is the local MongoDB is not connecting to the Go services correctly and we’re working on a fix
  • The new repo is an all-in-one Tide repo for development and deployment, can be installed locally, and will be released as soon as the Mongo issue is fixed
  • Tide will be available by WCEU, and can be demonstrated at contributor day on Thursday, June 14th
  • After WCEU we’ll work to create a few candidate releases until we feel Tide is stable and ready to be tagged 1.0.0

.ORG integration

  • @jeffpaul and @valendesigns to chat with @otto42 on the webhook integration of Tide’s PHP Compatibility results into .ORG
  • Identifying any changes needed to the input to, processing of, or output from Tide as it relates to .ORG so we know what gaps need to be closed in order to support a .ORG integration. Updates to follow as we’re able to meet with @otto42, but that will likely be after WCEU.
  • In the meantime, review and feedback on the proposed UX for the integration would continue to be welcomed
  • Integration will provide a list of compatible versions, could be used to allow of disallow plugin activation per note from @joyously

General announcements

  • With folks traveling next week to WCEU, we’ll cancel the weekly tidechat and catch up the following week

Next meeting

The next meeting will take place on June 19, 2018 at 21:00 UTC / June 19, 2018 at 21:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.

#gcp, #php-compatibility, #summary, #tide-chat