This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from July 23rd in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
- 8 issues in the milestone
- Looking for help from the community on the caching and rate limit issues
- Upgrade of WP version would be helpful for someone from the community to figure out what changed in the REST APIREST API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/. from 4.9 to 5.0 that is keeping us from upgrading
- @valendesigns to review pkg#19, test with some audits, and add test coverage
- Cloud migrationMigration Moving the code, database and media files for a website site from one server to another. Most typically done when changing hosting companies. to new GCP organization underway, taking GCP support a bit longer than expected but progressing regardless
The next meeting will take place on July 30, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.