This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from July 9th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
- We went up from
10issues in the milestone
- @jeffpaul noted that wptide#170 is done once wptide#34 gets through review/merge, otherwise the Tide profile badge post summarizes most of the changes/updates
- Awaiting update from @FahimMurshed and @SandyGarrido on their separate progress on testing Windows setup as part of wptide#100; if no further progress this month then we’ll punt to a future release
- @valendesigns worked with @dd32 to setup the data sync from Tide to .org at WCEU, needs to check about adding data from themes after the data sync is validated (@jeffpaul to check on progress on meta#4309 with the MetaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team)
- @valendesigns published a summary from the Tide table at WCEU Contributor Day
- @valendesigns to start migrating the data to another GCP account so we can use the data to visualize the actual PHP compatibility of the entire repo
The next meeting will take place on July 16, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.