This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from June 11th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
8issues open in the milestone
- 3 issues pinned to Issues page that are great opportunities for new contributors:
- wptide#178: an update to the APIAPI An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. client; @kkoppenhaver may be able to pitch in on this one
- wptide#100: review and update on our Windows local installLocal Install A local install of WordPress is a way to create a staging environment by installing a LAMP or LEMP stack on your local computer. instructions; @fahimmurshed still planning to pitch in on this one
- wptide#170: helping to finish up docs on how we handle Tide Team and Contributor badges
- Lengthy discussion related to PHP Version checking in #hosting-community Slack channel, feel free to read the backscroll for ideas on how Tide can further assist other WP teams
The next meeting will take place on June 18, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.