This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from June 4th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
- Still continues to have 8 open issues in the milestone with also two
good first issueitems in there for folks who are new to Tide and looking to contribute
- For Windows users, we’d love some help on wptide#100
- For those comfortable with APIAPI An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. work, we’d love some help on wptide#178
- Some other non-1.0.0 issues related to the docs site that are also helpful for new contributors to help with
- In general, going through the local setup instructions and calling out any discrepancies or issues you run into is also massively helpful. This ensures that others have as good an on-boarding experience as possible with Tide.
- @fahimmurshed reviewing Windows local setup instructions, will follow up with any issues/updates
- Sharing a callout from @chanthaboune on the Team Lead Interest Post over on the Make/Updates blog; if you’re interested in learning more about team leadership, then please give that a read
The next meeting will take place on June 11, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.