This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from May 21st in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
- Down to
8items open in the milestone
good first issueitems for folks looking to get into contributing to Tide (wptide#100 & wptide#178); we would welcome a PR for either of those!
- @valendesigns was able to fix the build for
wp-tide-apithat was failing
- @valendesigns also tried to upgrade to WP 5.2 in the APIAPI An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. image but had to rollback locally otherwise most of the tests fail for
wp-tide-apipluginPlugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party
- Appears to be a bug that is caused by a change on the .ORG side where it seems the download URLURL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org for specific versions of themes/plugins no longer works. If we’re not able to track down how to get access to the archives, then we will need to add SVNSVN Apache Subversion (often abbreviated SVN, after its command name svn) is a software versioning and revision control system. Software developers use Subversion to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS). WordPress core and the wordpress.org released code are all centrally managed through SVN. https://subversion.apache.org/. support to the PHPCS server to checkout the correct version of the code.
- Right now it appears that only the most recent version of a plugin/theme is available to download.
- So if someone from the Plugin or MetaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team is around that knows how to access the plugin/theme archives that would be awesome!
The next meeting will take place on May 28, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.