This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from March 19th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
- Currently showing 9 open issues in
wptideand 1 open issue in
- So far @valendesigns is singularly working through PRs, so any additional assistance would be warmly welcomed!
- Update since Tidechat: core#41074 was committed today and the Tide Dashicon as well as other icons added since 4.8 are now available in the 5.2-betaBeta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. release
- And update to the developer.wordpress.org page template is needed to have the newly committed Dashicons appear
- @jeffpaul is offline next week, so we will skip next week’s Tidechat and resume on Tuesday, April 2nd
The next meeting will take place on April 2, 2019 at 20:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.