This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from March 20th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
WordPress-specific PHPCompatibility standard
- @jrf‘s PR has been merged into the PHPCompatibility repo so we can now use framework-rulesets/wordpress.xml there for Tide and other WordPress-specific uses
- Note the updated details in the PHPCompatibility readme for how to utilize the new wordpress.xml ruleset
- @joshuawold iterated on the PHPCompat integration UX, awaiting further feedback on updated mockup from @karmatosed or @melchoyce before submitting MetaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. TracTrac Trac is the place where contributors create issues for bugs or feature requests much like GitHub.https://core.trac.wordpress.org/. ticket to continue discussion on PHP Compat integration
- We continue to look for help on a PR related to the issue of creating a Dashicon for Tide, please reach out if you’re able to assist
- Work on this will likely need to be folded into #41074
The next meeting will take place on March 27, 2018 at 22:00 UTC / March 27, 2018 at 22:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.