This post summarizes the Tide chat meeting from March 6th in the #tide SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel (agenda, Slack archive).
Reminder that the current Tide focus is integrating PHPPHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. Compatibility data from Tide into WordPress.orgWordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/. Once PHP Compatibility is integrated into WordPress.org, we’ll assess the next focus to provide the biggest impact to the community.
WordPress-specific PHPCompatibility standard
- @valendesigns created empty repo at wptide/WP-PHPCompatibility for the work being led by @williampatton
PHP compatibility integration planning
- Current plan is to create the custom sniffssniff A module for PHP Code Sniffer that analyzes code for a specific problem. Multiple stiffs are combined to create a PHPCS standard. The term is named because it detects code smells, similar to how a dog would "sniff" out food., to verify accuracy, and we should be able to integrate after that
- @joshuawold working through feedback on the UX for integration
- No additional input on this topic has come in several weeks, so we’ll plan to drop this from the agenda next week but please call out in Slack with anything additional that should be covered before/during integration.
- Looking for help on a PR related to the issue of creating a Dashicon for Tide
The next meeting will take place on March 13, 2018 at 22:00 UTC / March 13, 2018 at 22:00 UTC in the #tide Slack channel. Please feel free to drop in with any updates or questions. If you have items to discuss but cannot make the meeting, please leave a comment on this post so that we can take them into account.