The WordPress Theme Review Team (WPTRT) had is regular bi-weekly meeting on November 13, 2010.
We covered many agenda items although it would have been nice to see more people in attendance.
From the IRC Logs: the meeting started at approximately 16:12 UTC; and, concluded at approximately 18:22 UTC. Please make sure to read the log files for the actual transcript of the meeting, the following is just a short re-cap of the discussions.
The ideas discussed were:
- The addition and structure of the Tutorials and Best Practices pages to be added to the https://make.wordpress.org/themes/ web site related to Theme Reviews.
- The release of WordPress version 3.1 (WP3.1) and its affect on the Theme Review guidelines.
- Using social media to help promote this “Make” site.
- Additional discussions regarding the ‘TimThumb‘ script and its use in Themes submitted to the WordPress Extend Themes repository.
- “Up-Sell” Themes – may be required to under-go additional evaluations with additional requirements.
- Featured Themes – possible additional criteria to be introduced with WP3.1.
The next meeting of the WPTRT will be scheduled for November 27, 2010 at 16:00 UTC.