Join contributors on February 8th at 15:00 UTC to discuss solving design problems using Intrinsic design and discuss ways to solve adjacent problems, where more granular controls and tools are needed.
Meet agency developers and designers and discuss informally the in and outs of creating layouts with intrinsic design and beyond.
Some potential topics of discussion will include:
- What “intrinsic” design is.
- How intrinsic design compares to responsive design and where they overlap.
- Designing at the atomic (i.e., block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.) level for the modern web.
- Alternatives to responsive design controls that you can use to solve today’s issues.
- Common use cases that are not well handed by the current design tools.
- Existing or upcoming CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. features that would make laying out a page easier.
- Fluid font sizing and fluid spacing.
- Grid layout support has been available since WordPress 6.3 and how to enable it.
The Zoom link will be shared in the #fse-outreach-experiments channel. The session will be recorded and the link to the recording shared in a comment of this post.
To learn more about intrinsic design, read the developer blog article on Intrinsic design, theming, and rethinking how to design with WordPress.
Props to @greenshady for co-authoring this invitation.