Hello everyone. The meeting notes are from the themes review team discussion on January 10, 2023. The themes team meets second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 15:00 UTC.
1. Weekly updates
In the past 7 days,
- 425 tickets were opened
- 408 tickets were closed
- 402 tickets were made live.
- 19 new Themes were made live.
- 383 Theme updates were made live.
- 0 more were approved but are waiting to be made live.
- 5 tickets were not-approved.
- 1 ticket was closed-newer-version-uploaded.
You can also find the weekly updates here.
The themes team published weekly updates about tickets and HelpScout emails. Here is the theme statistic for the past 7 days. The most current stats can be found here.
Note: These stats include both the new theme tickets and updated theme tickets as well.
Number of reviewers: 3
During the meeting, we asked if any of the theme reviewers is interested in leading the themes table on the Contributor Day of WCAsia 2023. @bijayyadav was interested to lead that. He is doing themes review since 2014 and also doing reviews these days.
Also, we are looking for 2 table leads for the themes team. If you are interested, please drop your interest in the comment below. Or you can contact any of the team reps of the themes team via Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
As Patterns are also maintained by the themes team and we also asked if anyone is interested in the Patterns team leading the table in WCAsia. I nominated Ellen Bauer myself and he is ready to take the lead. So, if you want to become another co-lead for the Patterns team, contact us or drop your comment below.
Requirements for table leads:-
- Experienced person and able to guide new contributors or experienced contributors
- Good knowledge of the team operations
- Able to attend WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Asia physically (free ticket provided)
Read more here about the WCAsia Contributor Day here.
3. Review Theme Check plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party PR in GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/
We have a few PRs that need to be checked before updating the plugin. We are looking for your help with it.
4. Open Floor
There was no topic or discussion happened in the open floor.
As a themes team lead, I would like to request you all if you are attending WCAsia, do your registration for the Contributor Day and join the themes table. We can contribute to the themes team effectively.
Props to the meeting attendees: @bijayyadav, @sunilkumarthz, @shivashankerbhatta, @stalukder03