The Themes team is looking for team representatives for the year 2023. . It’s time to nominate team representatives. We would like to request you to comment in the below comment section about your nomination. Based on the nominations, 2 themes team representatives will be elected.
Currently, @acosmin and me (@kafleg) are the team representatives. @utz119 left the team reps role a few weeks back.
What are Team Reps?
Team reps are responsible for communicating on behalf of the team.
In the WordPress open-source project, each team has on average one or two reps (i.e. an abbreviation for team representative).
Read here to know more about team reps.
- They represent the team
- Communication with other teams
- Post weekly updates
- Mentor theme reviewers
- Transfer themes, suspend or delist themes (if necessary)
- Conduct team meetings, write meeting agendas and meeting notes
- Guide theme authors and reply to their questions
- Regularly check themes team email and follow-up etc.
- Maintain Theme Check plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party
- Review Patterns and set live or delist them
What are the qualifications?
A representative should be an active member of the WordPress Community. Someone reliable and trusted, familiar with WordPress theme development.
How to nominate someone?
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
Nomination text sample: “I would like to nominate @nominee_wp_username”. Or you can also nominate yourself. You can write “I would like to nominate myself”.
If you get nominated but if you are not ready for the reps, you can decline it as well.
How Will the Election Work?
If we get more than 2 names and can’t decide on reps by acceptance, then we will go with the voting like an election. We will write another post with detailed information about the voting process. (if necessary).
Once the results are done, the new team rep A Team Rep is a person who represents the Make WordPress team to the rest of the project, make sure issues are raised and addressed as needed, and coordinates cross-team efforts.(s) will be announced in a new blog post.
If you have any questions, comment below. Happy Nominating!