Hello everyone. The meeting notes are from the themes review team discussion on August 9, 2022. The themes team meets second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 15:00 UTC.
This week’s meeting agendas can be found here. Thank you @kafleg for preparing the agenda. The meeting facilitator & Notetaker @Benachi. You can read the full transcript on our #themereview channel.
1. Weekly updates
The themes team published weekly updates about tickets and HelpScout emails. Here is the theme statistic for the past 7 days. The most current stats can be found here.
- 430 tickets were opened
- 429 tickets were closed:
- 419 tickets were made live.
- 22 new Themes were made live.
- 397 Theme updates were made live.
- 0 more was approved but is waiting to be made live.
- 12 tickets were not-approved.
- 0 ticket was closed-newer-version-uploaded.
Number of reviewers: 3
Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. Themes Stats
- 4 block themes went live in the past 7 days.
- Total 112 block themes in the repository.
Theme developer handbook update:
Props to @greenshady and @colorful-tones for the recent updates.
If you run across anything that is a blocker for adopting block themes or any FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks. component, please reach out on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. or DM @greenshady.
2. Reserved themes name
We discussed how to check to see if a theme name is already taken or still available. Here are some key points we discussed. You can also check the thread here.
- A theme name must be unique from any other themes regardless of where they are hosted, including outside the WordPress directory.
- Use Google or other search engines to see whether a theme name is already take or not.
- You can also search the themes svn for all registered themes.
3. Open Floor
If you have any feedback, please use the comment box below.
Thank you for participating @colorful-tones @mikachan @fahimmurshed @greenshady @uxl @benlumia007 @shshanker and @joyously