Location: #themereview in Make Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.
Full discussion begins here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4Y3K/p1643817659583729
Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. / Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ + Themes Updates
WordPress 6.0 Roadmap
There’s a lot of great items in the roadmap that will impact block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. themes:
- Complete the scope of global styles. Introduce easy export & import; support for revisions The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update. The revision system allows you to see what changes were made in each revision by dragging a slider (or using the Next/Previous buttons). The display indicates what has changed in each revision.; etc. (27941, 38199)
- Introduce various new blocks to power the display of comments on themes. (34994, 38107)
- Incorporate more definitive responsive handling (min/max containers) into the current flex-based tools. (34641)
- Introduce responsive fonts with good defaults. (33543)
- Add a Web Fonts API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. connected with global styles. (37140)
We discussed whether this meeting should continue, now that block themes are in core and the format of the #core-editor chat may be changing and it could make most sense to focus our discussion there.
If you have thoughts, leave them in a comment below. There will be a follow-up post for more visibility and feedback.