Hello! This is the 58th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
As always, please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is crucial and appreciated.
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Fix nested layout containers. #33501
- FSE Blocks: Query Title field is empty for search and 404 pages. #33476
- FSE Blocks: Add option to change the arrows in the Query Pagination block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.. #33474
- FSE Blocks: Consider a “Credit” block. #33475
- i18n: Add pattern block. #33217
- Global Styles: Add new progressive disclosure panel and update spacing supports. #32392
- Theme.json: Add a setting to opt-out of block templates. #33500
- Themes: improve the way custom units are handled. #33470
- Themes: theme.json properties can’t be overridden in PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php.. #33367
- FSE Blocks: Remove arrows on the query pagination block. #33626
- Global Styles: Design Tools Overview #33447