Hello! This is the 57th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
As always, please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is crucial and appreciated.
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- Themes: Dynamic Template Parts #32939
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Fix nested layout containers #33501
- i18n: Add pattern block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. #33217
- Global Styles: Add new progressive disclosure panel and update spacing supports #32392
- Themes: Add a setting to opt-out of block templates using theme.json #33500
- Themes: improve the way custom units are handled #33470
- Themes: Allow themes to provide empty values for color.duotone and spacing.units #33280
- Themes: Specify what settings can be part of settings.layout #33303
- Global Styles: Design Tools Overview #33447