Important: this meeting will now occur once a month, rather than bi-monthly. The calendar and make pages have been updated accordingly, thanks @kafleg @kjellr.
Meeting location #themereview make slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Facilitated by @scruffian
Full transcript starting here: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP4Y3K/p1625670047176500
Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ + Theme Updates
11.0.0 was released, here are some relevant highlights:
- PR that allows left/right/centre alignments inside “use default layout” containers
- PR that allows block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. templates to be filtered, it could be useful for more advanced theming
- PR customize Global Styles…
- Color palettes in Global Styles discussion: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/29568
- Trying a few approaches to internationalization within a “pattern block” or as a standalone block.
- Please join or check out the Hallway Hangout at 5pm UTC today (July 7) focused on exploring the Thrive theme with theme.json test: https://make.wordpress.org/test/2021/06/24/call-for-testing-thrive-with-theme-json/
- There is a patch to add support for the new block-templates functionality to
twenty twenty-one: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53564. It could use additional reviews.
- There was consensus among the group that since TT1 Blocks has been mostly stable, bi-monthly meetings are not as useful. We will shift to monthly meetings instead!
Please comment below if you have anything to add or a question about the above 🙂 Thank you!