Hello! This is the 52nd weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is crucial and appreciated.
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- Themes: Option to disable default block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. styles #32051
- Themes: Button Block – ability to disable Border Radius and Width controls #19796
- Themes: Styling the Post Terms divider #31710
- Blocks: Navigation Block – Create Block Variant for a “Fullscreen” navigation menu A theme feature introduced with Version 3.0. WordPress includes an easy to use mechanism for giving various control options to get users to click from one place to another on a site. #24604
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: oembeds do not work in block template parts #32330
- FSE: Page Template: Cover full width shows gaps #32100
- FSE Blocks: Allow Post Featured Image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. blocks to have a consistent height. #27620
- Themes: Default Colors, Theme Colors, and Custom Colors #29568
- FSE: Group block: Pass “inherit layout” to child blocks #29983
- Themes: Consider new label and copy for Layout controls #31950
- FSE: Discussing template handling on theme switches. #25071
- FSE: Post Title: deleting the block crashes the parent group block #31115
- FSE: post-content is empty when used in attachment template #29887
- FSE: Try: Obscure edit-ability of post content blocks in the template editor #31461
- FSE Themes: Discussion: Block Theme Developer Documentation #31999
- Themes: Split theme.css styles loading #31239
- Themes: Gallery: Convert Gallery block to use Image blocks instead of having its own nested image format #25940
- FSE: Template resolution for new posts and pages #32442
- Themes: Allow themes to add inline styles for all blocks when using lazy styles loading #32275
Apologies, this post was not published by mistake – it has been published a week late with a back-dated timestamp.
Please comment if there’s something you’d like to highlight 🙂