Hello! This is the 48th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is crucial and appreciated.
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- Themes: Substitute CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. Custom Property by the mechanism used in layout and duotone #31488
- Themes: Styling the Post Terms divider #31710
- Themes: Option to disable duotone #31764
- Themes: Discussion: Including images in FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks. HTML HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a markup language that is used in the development of web pages and websites. templates #31815
- Themes: Allow more complex contentWidth & wideWidth values #31740
- FSE: Featured Image A featured image is the main image used on your blog archive page and is pulled when the post or page is shared on social media. The image can be used to display in widget areas on your site or in a summary list of posts. block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. needs size settings #31323
- FSE: Hybrid themes don’t work if the fallback is block-based #31633
- FSE: Filter Filters are one of the two types of Hooks https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks. They provide a way for functions to modify data of other functions. They are the counterpart to Actions. Unlike Actions, filters are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output. page_template stopped working with active Gutenberg plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party >= 10.5.0 #31699
- FSE: Bundle query-title and post-title into one block #31717
- Post Excerpt An excerpt is the description of the blog post or page that will by default show on the blog archive page, in search results (SERPs), and on social media. With an SEO plugin, the excerpt may also be in that plugin’s metabox. Block: “Read More” styled incorrectly with Global Styles #31797
- FSE: Template part ‘replace’ flow – don’t show currently used template part as option. #31720
- FSE: Template part placeholders – use label and icon per variation. #31721
- FSE: register template part variations server side. #31761
- FSE: Fix template part variations registration subscription. #31772
- Themes: Fix: Allow post comment button to inherit button & global styles automatically #31338
- FSE: Fix template part selection searches to use title/area instead of slug/theme. #31520
- FSE: Template Loader: Make templates arg required #31671
Thanks @danieldudzic for compiling this week’s summary.
Please comment if there’s something else you’d like to highlight! 🙂