Hello! This is the 46th weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is crucial and appreciated.
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Verify if php template exists for a hybrid/universal theme with a block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.-based parent 31123
- Presets used in patterns: register them as user presets? 31124
- (Optionally) rendering classic navigation data source in Navigation Block 30852
- FSE: Add Disable FSE support flag. 30760
- FSE: New milestone — Full Site Editing Gradual Adoption 30662
- FSE: Finalizing the name and menu item placement proposal 29630
- FSE Blocks: Add wrapper and align options to the Query block. 30804
- Hook maybe_inline_styles in the footer 31072
- Global Styles: Make the config resilient to changes to
- Template part block – fix PHP PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. http://php.net/manual/en/intro-whatis.php. notice for placeholder block. 30928
Thanks to @pbking for compiling this week’s update. Please comment if there’s something else you’d like to highlight! 🙂