Hello! This is the 44nd weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your feedback is welcome and appreciated!
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: New milestone — Full Site Editing Gradual Adoption 30662
- FSE: Fix nested template parts not loading (“Run inject and remove theme attribute recursively”) 30416
- FSE: Term Description block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience.: Don’t output if there’s no description 30564
- FSE: Post Comments & Post Comments Form Block: Provide HTML5 markup by default 30502
- FSE: Discussion on Editor Styles Wrapper Padding for block themes 30545
- FSE: Add post classes in the loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. 30497
- FSE: Update customize link from Appearance menu for block themes 30643
- FSE: Finalizing the name and menu item placement proposal 29630
- Global Styles: Use “Custom Styles” title to signal there are global styles changes https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/30521
- FSE: Allow creating custom block templates in classic themes 30438
- FSE: Add do_block_template_part function 30345
- FSE: Fix template hierarchy fallbacks 30599
Please comment if there’s something you’d like to highlight 🙂