Hello! This is the 43nd weekly roundup of theme-related discussions, fixes, and developments in Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/.
Please weigh in on the tickets below — your voice and feedback are welcome!
Issues / Discussions & PRs
- FSE Short for Full Site Editing, a project for the Gutenberg plugin and the editor where a full page layout is created using only blocks.: Add do_block_template_part function 30345
- FSE: Add a theme slug to nested template parts 30413
- FSE: Add basic CSS CSS is an acronym for cascading style sheets. This is what controls the design or look and feel of a site. to post comments block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. 30382
- FSE: Finalizing the name and menu item placement proposal 29630
- FSE: Post hierarchical Terms Block: add icon 30348
- Global Styles: Add CSS vars for root level settings 29714
- Global Styles: Add padding server-side block support 30332
- Restore the inner div of group block for classic themes 30453
- Revert column-gap spacing for custom sized buttons 30449
- FSE: Add gutenberg_support_block_templates 30465
- FSE: Use WordPress loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. for query block 30405
- FSE: Load block-editor scripts & styles in the site-editor 30448
- FSE: Fix template hierarchy for custom, user-generated templates 30464
Thanks to @kjellr for help pulling this post together. Please let us know if it was helpful in the comments!